I produce and host the Media Mornings news hour every Thursday on Vancouver Co-operative Radio (CFRO 100.5fm), as well as a weekly cross-Canada broadcast, Democracy North, on Rabble Podcast Network and iTunes.
I have interviewed more than 100 high-profile guests, including:
- Award-winning artists, writers and filmmakers (A Tribe Called Red, Shauna Singh-Baldwin, Renée Saklikar, Velcrow Ripper, Propagandhi, Kinnie Starr, Old Man Luedecke)
- High-profile politicians (Bob Rae, Suzanne Anton, Jinny Sims, Sam Sullivan, Carolyn Bennett, Don Davies)
- Leading investigative journalists (Intercept & Al Jazeera reporter Murtaza Hussain, Toronto Star investigative editor Kevin Donovan, Georgia Straight editor Charlie Smith, Frances Bula, Bob Mackin, Public Eye editor Sean Holman, Laura Robinson)
- Commentators (CBC broadcaster David Suzuki, architect Michael Geller, ex-ICBC CEO Robyn Allen, Council of Canadians’ Maude Barlow, BCFED president Jim Sinclair, Radio India’s Gurpreet Singh, Cindy Blackstock, ex AFN chief Shawn Atleo, secret trial detainee Mohammed Mahjoub)
This Week on Media Mornings (April 22, 2013): News headlines, plus guests veteran broadcaster David Suzuki, security certificate detainee Mohammad Mahjoub, Tsleil-Waututh First Nation’s Carleen Thomas, and Georgia Straight Editor Charlie Smith:
My responsibilities include:
- Producing 3-4 interview segments per broadcast, including selecting topics and contacting guests.
- Creating show scripts including audio clips, music, guest bios and interview questions.
- Selecting, editing and reading news headlines and integrating audio clips live on air.
- Hosting two weekly news hour broadcasts, both solo and occasionally with a co-host, and conducting interviews.
- Post-producing, editing in Audacity, and promoting via social media networks and website.
- Operating studio booth controls.